GfOe Annual Meeting 2015 August 31st to September 4 th, 2015 in Göttingen, Germany
in 2015, the University of Göttingen will host the 45th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The meeting will take place from August 31st to September 4 th, 2015 in Göttingen, Germany.
The guiding theme of the 45th Annual Meeting is "Ecology for a Sustainable Future"
Along the lines of this guiding theme, we will stimulate scientific discussions on basic and applied ecological topics as well as on nature conservation and management. Special focus will be given to:
- Species, populations and ecosystems (e.g. interactions, competition, adaption, survival, community assembly, past and current pattern, all types of ecosystems)
- ecosystem functioning (e.g. ecosystem services, processes and functions, ecological dynamics)
- global change effects (e.g. climate change, land use change, nutrient deposition, invasive species, mitigation, effects on biodiversity)
- impact of land use (biodiversity, ecosystem functions, restoration ecology, sustainable land management)
- conservation approaches (e.g. linking ecological knowledge to nature conservation, environmental education, sustainability, community conservation, socio-ecological approaches, policy advice)
We are looking forward to arranging a stimulating conference and hope that you will be able to participate. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our conference office at:
We look forward to welcoming you to Göttingen.
Please forward this email to interested colleagues/students etc.
With kind regards,
(on behalf of the organizing committee)